What to buy for someone special on their 50th birthday
Choosing a present for a 50th birthday can be a tricky business. It’s quite a milestone, and it needs to be celebrated in style, so fresh advice about what to choose comes in handy.
It’s a nice idea if a few people can pool their money and ideas and give a more lavish birthday gift for a 50th birthday. Get together family, colleagues and friends and arrange something grander than they could imagine.
A jewellery collection
Pick a bracelet or necklace that can be added to by siblings, partners, friends and children. Not only is this a lovely birthday gift for a 50-year-old lady, it can be extended at Christmas, Mother’s Day and anniversaries too. Beads with special meaning, matching earrings and watches can be found to make the gift really personal and something to treasure for years. These things are quite expensive for one person to buy, but split between many and it becomes an affordable and sweet gift.
A special day out
Creating memories with family and loved ones is a delightful way to celebrate, and organising something unique is a great gift idea for a woman’s 50th birthday. What about a day at the seaside? Send out secret invitations to a pretty spot and sort out blankets, deck chairs, bunting, table cloths and flowers so it’s really lovely. If the birthday is in the winter, think about hiring out an unusual building or room, like one in a museum, a barn, or even a zoo. Lay on food that means something or is a favourite treat. Select a colour scheme that’s special to the birthday girl and arrange personalised sweets in dainty dishes to match. This is really nice if family members come from far and wide too, as it’s a great chance to catch up.
Boat trips or golf weekends
When it comes to picking a gift for a man’s 50th birthday, it’s often best to keep things simple. Look to his hobbies and interests and arrange something along those lines. Men like to mess about on boats, so book a trip out to sea or along the river. If he likes fishing, choose one that includes that too.
Golfing for a whole weekend is a rare treat. Book in some tee-time for him and club together with others to pay for a night’s stay as well. A golfing lesson with a professional is another suggestion, something he maybe wouldn't do for himself.
All these ideas just need a little bit of planning in advance, but it’ll all be worth it for a really memorable 50th birthday surprise.
- Create Yours
- Shop by Celebration
- Shop by Category
For your Business
- Company Communication
- Company Gift
- Company Promoting
- Company Catalogue
- Request A Quote
- Business Christmas gifts, think about M&M’s with your company logo on them!
- Your promotional gifts with M&M’s
- M&M’s, an advertising gift in your company's corporate colours
- M&M’s to boost your business's marketing
- Update your promotional products with M&M’s
- Your business goodies at M&M’s
- Business goodies, your brand image on M&M’s
- M&M’s for your business gift boxes, an original treat.
- M&M’s as business chocolates for professionals and reception areas
- Staff Christmas gifts a unique occasion for M&M’s
- M&M’s the ultimate gift for your holiday season staff meal
- Celebrate the end of the year by thanking your staff with MyM&M’s
- MyM&M’s client gifts: Offer chocolates in your corporate colours
- MyM&M’s customise your professional messages and New Year wishes